Loud Crowd Takes SCHS By Storm

download

By, Max Jonnaert | Sports Editor

After a big time feature on the 3.8 million follower Instagram account ‘House of Highlights’ and a plethora of other sports related accounts, SCHS’s Loud Crowd has taken the school’s student section by storm.

A club designed to pack the student section with zealous fans equipped with an arsenal of cheers, the student section has never been more wild.  The meetings have drawn in around 200 people each time in the Little Theater, and more and more students have been showing up on game day. Some features of the club include different dress up days such as Blackout Day, several different signs, and giant speakers.

I was able to sit down and talk to one of the club’s presidents, ASB President Robert Medrano, and ask him some questions about the club. Here’s what he had to say:

M: Hey Roberto! Thank you for sitting down with me today, how are you doing?

R: I’m doing great, thank you for having me.

M: First question, who came up with the idea of Loud Crowd first thought up with?

R: The idea of Loud Crowd was thought up halfway through last year. As we looked at other schools around Orange County, Brigham Maready and I realized that our student section could use some work. We started to discuss plans with activities directors Mr. Reid and with administrators and they said it was a very doable plan. We started planning for the first game from there

M: What are your ideal visions for Loud Crowd in the future?

R: I want to be Loud Crowd to be a San Clemente tradition and establishment. I want the club to passed down from year to year. I want to see SCHS Loud Crowd to be recognized as Orange County’s loudest student section! Hopefully, Loud Crowd will be around 20 years from now at my High School Reunion.

M: Awesome ambitions, what are some ways the average SCHS student can get more involved in the club?

R: The best way to get involved in the club is to come to the meeting every week. Throughout the year, we will have meetings every week. If someone has a suggestions or wants to be a bigger part of Loud Crowd, they can talk to any of the leaders.

M: Speaking of the meetings, what is your favorite chant or cheer that you guys have organized during them?

R: My favorite cheer is the “Power” (the one that was featured on House of Highlights). This is where the whole student section raps arms and sways back and forth as we all chant the song “Power” by Kanye West.

M: Finally, what is your favorite moment that has happened so far?
R: The best moment by far was the first football game! Sitting on the track and looking up to the student section, I have never seen a more united student body.

Be sure to join the Loud Crowd in the student section tonight at 7 when Varsity Football takes on Roosevelt High School. It’s American/Patriot themed!

3 Comments on Loud Crowd Takes SCHS By Storm

1. This is such a cool tradition to leave behind with SCHS after we graduate! Really great interview with Roberto too– I can’t wait to see how our student section continues to grow.