By: Makena Viera | Writer
May 1, 2020
Planned on taking a trip to Disneyland just to have it get canceled? Although both Disneyland and Disney World have closed their parks during this unfortunate coronavirus pandemic, it isn’t keeping them from continuing to spread the magic.
Recently, they released some of their world-renown recipes. In other words, to pass time during quarantine, you can make your own theme-park delicacies! Here are a couple dishes you can whip up with ingredients that are likely laying around the house:
- Churros: Craving something fried, sugary, and simply delicious? These bite-size fan favorites will give you the Disney vibe as if you were there. Nothing beats a Disneyland churro.
- Beignets: While these Mickey shaped desserts may appear to be hard to make, they are quite simple and definitely worthwhile. Coming straight out of “Princess and the Frog”, if you have a sweet tooth, you will definitely enjoy it.
- Cookie Fries: If you like cookies, you’ll undoubtedly like these too. These vegan biscotti-like sticks are ideal bite size snacks, perfect for dipping in all kinds of sauces.
- Dole Whip: A classic. With the weather warming up these next couple weeks, it calls for a refreshing tropical drink like this one. All you need is pineapple juice, frozen pineapple, and vanilla ice cream, and satisfaction is guaranteed.
- French Toast: There’s nothing like waking up to the smell of a tasty breakfast. This chocolate, peanut butter, banana french toast from Disney’s PCH Grill will start you and your family’s day off with a smile.
- Grilled Cheese:In honor of National Grilled Cheese day on April 12, Disney shared their three-cheese grilled cheese from Toy Story Land. However, this is no ordinary grilled cheese. This sandwich contains a cream cheese spread as well as garlic spread that goes perfect with a cup of tomato soup.
- Mickey Mouse Rice-Krispie Treats: Not only are these cute and easy to make, but you don’t have to worry about buying them overpriced at the park. You can make them for free and add your personal touch with toppings like chocolate, sprinkles, or candy. They make perfect party snacks or gifts.
For further information, all recipes can be found on the Disney Parks Blog.
Despite these difficult times and closure of the parks, the happiest place on earth has allowed a way to bring the happiness to our homes. Try out the recipes if in need of a taste of Disney, but most importantly, make good decisions so the parks can open as soon as possible!