Passing Seniority to the Class of 2018

By: Peyton Lee | Student Life Editor

May 23, 2017

As the 2016-17 year comes to a close, the graduating class is preparing to go off to college or join the workforce. With this class starting a new chapter in their lives, the current juniors are getting closer to finishing their high school career.

With one more year left at this school, juniors are curious as to what to expect from senior year and how to make it the best of the four years at San Clemente High School, so here’s a break-down by section what is coming in the next school year.

Classes

There are some juniors that decide to make their senior year stress-free and fill their schedule with “easy” classes. Although these classes are a lower caliber, they are still demanding and require effort. Senior year still counts for some colleges, and to graduate, so every class will call for hard work.

However, according to SCHS senior Keely Perry, “the AP, IB, and honors classes senior year are not that bad, especially after taking that same level junior year. Don’t let them scare you off! Go for the grade bump!”

Also, the teachers are willing to work with the students because they want to see success. Going into senior year, be ready to finish high school off strong and try not to come down with “senioritis” and the classes will be as manageable as they have been.

Senior Activities

The most exciting aspect of senior year is all of the activities that are only available for the oldest class. Among these are the senior BBQ, brunch, snow day and the trip to Disneyland. Also, class spirit rises each year for homecoming week, battle of the classes, and sports assemblies.

Christina Beaulieu, senior, put forth her best effort every day of senior dress up week and claims, “I loved senior dress up week. I made myself a cloud on thunderstorm day using balloons, which got in the way sometimes, but it was worth it to go all out for my last year and I recommend doing the same.”

The seniors are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel with approaching graduation. They kicked off this year with senior sunrise before the first day of school, and senior sunset on the last day of school will being the year full circle. During this year, the class of 2017 has been able to bond through these activities. Current juniors can look forward to activities of these varieties as they head into their own senior year. The senior class advises us to participate fully in all of the senior activities to make the most of the year and it will help bond the class together.

Last Advice

Seniors give their advice to the current juniors so they are able to make the 2017-2018 school year great.

Senior Rachel Blumer advises incoming seniors, “Start your college applications early, like this summer. I waited until the last minute to do mine and it was one of the most stressful experiences I have had, so learn from my mistake.”

“You are the role model for the lower classes now, so set a good example of what a Triton should be.” Maddie Ward, senior, notes.

And finally, Tyler Hickey, senior, says, “Have fun, this is your year. Enjoy it.”