Schoolloop: Helpful or Harmful

By: Lang Csira | Editor

Schoolloop exists to update parents and students on upcoming assignments and quizzes, and to project graded work and tests. The website makes it possible for parents and students to see their class and assignment grades as soon as they are entered.

This is helpful with keeping students up to date and informed about their grades, which allows them to decide how to focus on which classes. “It helps me keep track of if I have an ‘F’ or an ‘A,'” San Clemente High School sophomore Juliette Gregath said. “I don’t like having ‘F’s cause ‘F’s are gross.”

It can be a useful and valuable tool for devoted students aiming to improve their grades. It also provides a format where students can easily see their homework assignments or scheduled tests. “Schoolloop is very helpful,” junior Hayden Hall said. “It allows you to see your homework and not miss assignments while having a constant grade to work off of.”

However, Schoolloop is also reportedly a considerable source of stress for anyone watching it closely.

Schoolloop is not always accurate, with some teachers posting grades earlier than others or accidentally entering inaccurate grades (which terrifies students). “It makes me depressed if one little thing goes wrong,” senior Amanda Cichewicz said.

Not only does Schoolloop force students to focus on grades rather than learning, it makes it much easier for parents to become involved, but ultimately uninformed about the entire situation. “My mom has literally shed tears over me and my sister’s grades that we are trying desperately to get up but ‘weren’t trying hard enough,'” senior Sydney Belden said. “Every test or homework assignment that comes in my parents are harping on me to get it done or that I didn’t do well on it when I already know all that.”

Some students seem conflicted by the dual-face of Schoolloop: they want to access the information for themselves but dislike their parents’ involvement without context. “Schoolloop helps my parents,” freshman Ruby Hawbecker said. “It informs them about recent grades. Which is bad. I like it though because it lets you see the assignments your teachers don’t tell you about.”

Are live grades and homework assignments worth the stress?

About Lang Csira 16 Articles
Lang is the only under-class man (sophomore) in newspaper this year. She plays water polo and swims for SCHS and loves the community at our school. She has always enjoyed writing and hopes to make a difference through newspaper by informing others of current events and maybe prompt a smile or two. She has high hopes for college and wants to chase an academic as well as athletic career.