The Cal State’s made thousands of admissions mistakes and students will have to pay

Thousands of previously admitted students are going to be notified soon that they did not actually get into their Cal State // Sophie Echternach

April 1, 2023

Sophie Echternach | News Editor

In the last few weeks, the California State University system has slowly released their fall 2023 school year admissions. However, instead of celebrating acceptances, students should prepare for the worst. 

A representative from the Cal State school system released a statement last week saying that about 80% of  the previously released “admissions” will be rescinded in the coming weeks as admissions staff at each of the Cal States work to clean up their massive mess*.

While there are twenty three California State University campuses, such as Cal State Fullerton, San Diego State, and Cal Poly San Los Obispo, to name a few, thirteen of the twenty three campuses, although the public has not been made aware of which thirteen, have taken accountability thus far for their miscalculations within the admissions process. 

Many executives of the California State University school system have expressed their condolences to many of the hopeful and excited children who have been “accepted.” The students who were wrongfully admitted have not yet been made aware of their status; however it is expected to be released sometime next week.

Senior at SCHS, Emma Massamiri, said, “I am super worried about the whole mess up that people have been talking about because I got into my dream Cal State school and would be crushed if I didn’t actually get in!”

The circulating news surrounding the Cal State admissions debacle has left many parents and students wondering how they may be compensated for this time, effort, and excitement if told their application was rescinded. Others are worried about suing the school in protest of wrongfully spreading information.

The public is very curious to see how the Cal State admissions offices will handle the mess and whether or not 80% of all “accepted” students will really be rejected. Those of you accepted to Cal States, brace yourselves! This week may be brutal.

*This article is satire for our April Fool’s edition and is meant for entertainment only.